Please see the below information that pertains to the temporary use approval.
Temporary space extended until March 19, 2021!
The City of Alamo Heights has entered into an agreement with the AH Bike Park organization to permit the temporary use of the crushed granite parking lot north of the Bark Park for riders to use while we work on a permanent location for a bike park!
This spot is immediately available for use! We are excited to have this space and want to make sure we are communicating the conditions under which the City has allowed us to use this property. Please help us ensure we abide by the following guidelines:
· Remember, riding and jumping in this area is at your own risk.
Helmets are mandatory.
· Hours of operation are dawn-to-dusk only.
· Please take time to read and understand City-posted signage at the area and stay within the boundaries designated by the City
(i.e., if you’re in the cleared parking lot, you’re safe…please do not venture into the wooded areas beyond the parking lot).
· Please respect adjacent landowner’s rights (neighbors and the Bark Park users) to quiet enjoyment of their property.
· Leave no trace; please pick up and dispose of any trash you notice on the site.
· This space is for riding and jumping using non-permanent structures (i.e., wooden jumps); we are in a floodplain so no digging holes or removing vegetation is permitted (leave this for the permanent location!).
· Please practice and model our community’s Eight Keys of Excellence in this space: Integrity; Failure leads to Success; Speak with Good Purpose, “This is it!”; Commitment; Ownership; Flexibility and Balance!
· You are welcome to bring your jumps to the site, but please remember that AHBP is not responsible for such structures and you will be responsible for removing such structures by March 19, 2021.
Build - Ride - Jump